-Striving to live a simple, healthy life one day at a time-

Adopting a Paleo-ish Lifestyle

It's been just over two weeks since I finished Diane Sanfilipo's 21 Day Sugar Detox, and I feel great.  Really!  The program is so easy to follow; I highly recommend it!  So now that the detox has ended, I have considered eating Paleo.  It makes perfect sense to me, especially after reading Robb Wolf's book The Paleo Solution.

I truly believe that we are all sensitive to grains, and have suffered unnecessarily by consuming them.  I'm also really intrigued by the idea that sugar causes cardiovascular disease...not saturated fat like we've all been told.  What most of us know is what we have been told by the FDA.  Eat your grains, drink milk, stay away from saturated fats.  After searching and reading over countless articles, I'm totally convinced otherwise.  We should probably not be eating grains (or at least we should limit them), we should not be drinking milk (unless it's raw), and we should be eating saturated fats - especially coconut oil.




I've come a long way since starting this blog less than a year ago.  If you've read previous posts, you'll see the metamorphosis taking place.  First, it began with a book club of girls who were interested in living a simple life.  A life that included healthy choices.  We read The Omnivore's Dilemma.  From there, we questioned a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle.  Then one of the girls introduced the paleo idea.  It was interesting to me, and so I ordered Robb Wolf's book.  I've learned so much about health and nutrition.  The learning will never stop!

Since January, I've been pretty good about adopting a paleo lifestyle, though I've not dropped yogurt or cheese yet.  The key is to get the rest of my family on board with me.  Tomorrow my family will begin Robb's 30 day paleo challenge.  Nothing but paleo for the next 30 days.  I'm excited!  My book club girls and their families are also doing the 30 day challenge.  I can't think of a better way to make 2012 an awesome year!  - Happy to be making better choices!

After the 30 days I'm sure there are things I will resort back to or begin like dairy (raw or fermented) and maybe beans once in a while.  I think it's about doing what is best for your own body.  If your body can handle dairy, then it's okay.  We are all different.  It's about finding what works for you.  I'm still not sure I could go strictly paleo...maybe primal?  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Welcome!